Tips for Moving During the Summer with Help from Moving Companies on Long Island NY
Posted on: August 9, 2018 | by: admin
Every season comes with its own unique challenges when it comes to moving. Each season poses both advantages and disadvantages to the moving process. Moving companies on Long Island, NY will tell you that summer is no different, and that there are some very important things to consider if you choose to move your home during this time. As it happens, summer is the most popular time to move, but this fact is in itself one of the reasons why moving at this time of year can be challenging.
Everyone wants to move during the summer. This is the time of year when kids are out of school and the weather is relatively dry and warm. It makes sense that most people pick this time of year to move, but it also means that is the busiest time of the year for moving companies on Long Island, NY. Here are some tips that will help you manage your move a bit better in the summer months:
- Book Ahead -Most movers suggest that you schedule your summer move as early as possible. If you wait until summer is here, it is probably too late. Most movers are booked weeks ahead in the summer time. If you know you are going to move in the summer, book your move at least six to eight weeks ahead of time to ensure that your moving company is available.
- Consider Your Summer Plans – No one wants to give up all of their summer plans in order to move house. This is the only time of year when you can spend time on sunny summer activities such as fairs, swimming, outdoor markets and more. Consider hiring moving companies on Long Island, New York for a full-service move. This will free you up to spend time enjoying those activities that only come around once a year.
- Start Pack Early – If you do decide to pack your own things, be sure to start early and take your time. Damage happens when you are in a hurry, something that can happen easily when you would rather be at the beach than packing your things. Pack a couple of boxes a day and take your time. Then you can still enjoy your summer and not worry about if your things are packed properly.
Beat the Heat
Summer in New York can be brutal. High temperatures and humidity are always a possibility. That alone can cause havoc with your move. Here are some tips to make sure that the heat does not put a wrench in the works when it comes to moving:
- Pace Yourself– Packing is hard work, especially when it comes to large or fragile items. Take lots of breaks, get lots of fluids, and don’t over do it. A slip up here can set you back and make it hard to get everything packed by the deadline. Remember that the leading moving companies on Long Island, NY, like Hall Lane Moving and Storage, can do partial packs. This will save you money, take a load off during hot weather, and ensure that your valuables will make it through the move safely.
- Be Mindful of your belongings – Heat and humidity can damage your belongings. Check with your moving company to find out what items might be affected by New York heat, and either find a way to pack and move them safely or let the movers do it for you.
Being ready for a summer move can help you avoid a disaster. If you need help to ensure your move goes off without a hitch, contact Hall Lane for more information. We can help you make sure that your summer move goes smoothly.