You’ve decided to move to Long Island City, Congratulations! It is a city that’s well-known for its gorgeous waterfront parks with a view of the Manhattan skyline that will take your breath away. But that’s probably not the only reason why you’re moving to this city. It has many art galleries, art institutions and movie studios. Most likely, you will be moving to one of the growing number of luxurious condominium buildings in the city. Now is the best time to own your own piece of this city where there’s so much to do and so much to see.
While most people think that moving will involve everything you own, this shouldn’t be the case, especially in high-priced units where the living spaces can be smaller. Take some time to determine which of your belongings are essential and which you may no longer have space for. If you are having trouble leaving behind some of your treasures finding a local Long Island moving company seems to be the practical choice. Full-service movers can provide you with services to fit any of your moving and storage needs. Many times a Long Island moving company or storage company even offers customized storage solutions for your specific needs and moving requirements.
Factors When Choosing A Long Island Moving Company
Before choosing a Long Island moving company or Long Island storage company, it is best to first consider these factors:
- Is the facility near your home? Consider the distance it will take to go to and from your storage unit.
- How long are you thinking of storing your things? Decide whether you want a long or short term plan. Long term contracts may offer big discounts.
- How many items are you storing? This will determine the size and price of your storage unit.
- What kind of things are you storing? Some items are not allowed to be stored including hazardous and flammable items like paints, batteries and highly corrosive materials.
- Is it a safe and secure facility?
It is not that hard to find a reliable Long Island moving and storage company that will help you with your move and also help you hold on to some of those cherished belongings. Contact Hall Lane Moving and Storage today and we will be happy to help you with any of your moving and storage questions.
One of the most effective ways to save money is to shop around and look at multiple options prior to making a purchase. When searching for a New York moving company, you should also shop around to ensure that you receive quality service at a price that doesn’t break the bank.
Getting A New York Moving Estimate
At Hall Lane, we encourage you to get moving estimates from multiple companies so that you can make an informed decision on who to trust with your moving needs. Here are some further reasons to get a moving estimate:
When researching New York moving companies, you will find that most of them are priced similarly. If you happen to come across a company that charges more or less than average, you will want to do some further research to find out why.
It may be that they are a start-up looking for new clients or they’ve been in the business for years and provide a lot of additional services in their moving package. Asking for multiple moving quotes will give you a good idea of the average price of movers in New York so that you can investigate outliers.
Price will probably play a huge role in which moving company you select. Once you have several similarly priced moving quotes, you can start to research other factors that are important to you. These factors may include the types of services offered, availability, experience level, and customer service.
The easiest way to get an estimate from a New York moving company is to fill out an estimate form on their website. In most cases, this form will ask you for your name, contact information, date of your anticipated move, pickup and delivery zip codes, and dwelling type. Once a moving company receives this information, they will contact you via phone or email with a quote.
f you’re interested in an affordable and dependable New York Company, request a free estimate from Hall Lane today. You will find that our estimates are fairly priced and come with exceptional customer service and reliable service.
When we move, we are so concerned with packing, unpacking, and a seamless transition that we often overlook small details such as notifying others of our address change. If you are planning a move, you should note that you will need to do more than fill out an online change of address form filed with the post office.
Local Movers: Who to notify of your move?
The local movers at Hall Lane compiled this handy checklist of places you should notify of your move:
- The Post Office: Firstly, you should notify the post office with your new contact information. By doing so, you can ensure that mail from your old home will be forwarded to your new home. Change of address forms can be found online or at your local post office.
- Service Providers and Utilities: In order to avoid moving into your new place without power, heat, or cable, you must inform your utilities and service providers of your move. Local movers recommend doing so over the phone and keeping a record of the company representatives you spoke to as well as the date. Keeping a record will be helpful in the event that you encounter any issues switching over your utilities and services.
- Subscription Services: Whether you’re in a monthly wine club, subscribe to Netflix or a magazine, or any other subscription service, you should change your address online. You won’t want to move into your new home and realize that your newest Netflix movie arrived at your old address.
- Organizations You Pay: Any organization or individual that you give money to should be aware of your new address. Some examples of organizations or individuals you pay include a financial advisor, car insurance provider, bank, credit card company, and student loan lender.
- Schools and Doctor’s Office: If you have children, their schools should know that they have moved. In addition, a family care physician, dentist, and other medical professionals should be informed of the move. Notifying your insurance company is also a must.
- Loved Ones: It’s always nice to let your friends and family members know that you have moved. To do this, local movers suggest sending them a greeting card that features a picture of your new home and your new address.
One of the most emotional experiences in life is moving. The fear of change, stress of packing and unpacking, and bittersweet feeling of shifting your life to a new place can be a lot to cope with. Fortunately, staying organized when packing up your current house to prepare for your new home can make the moving process far less overwhelming. As a top-notch moving company, Hall Lane offers the following tips on how to stay organized when packing up your house for an upcoming move:
There is no better time to go through your belongings and figure out which ones you no longer need or will no longer use. Donating these items to people in need is a great way to minimize the amount of possessions you will need to pack as well as clutter in your new home.
- Pack Wisely
If you happen to be moving during the summer, you should pack up all of your winter clothing items in advance. Walk through each room in your home and pack any item that you know you won’t need to use during the last few days in your current home. These items may be extra pet food, bulk snack packages, or additional televisions.
- Take Advantage of Your Luggage
You probably have luggage in your current home that you and your family use while you travel. Moving company professionals suggest that you use this luggage by filling it with clothing, linens, towels, and any other items that will fit to reduce the amount of moving boxes you will need. Hampers and waste baskets should also be packed with belongings to save even more space.
- Purchase Wardrobe Moving Boxes
Wardrobe moving boxes were designed to make it easy to pack hanging clothes. They feature a metal hanger that makes it simple to move clothing from a closet directly to a box. Wardrobe moving boxes function like portable closets and can save you the time of having to fold every piece of clothing you own.
- Color Coordinate Boxes
Moving experts who work for a moving company encourage clients to color coordinate boxes by room. In order to do this, simply select a color for each room in your new home and label each box with the color for the location it will belong in at your new home. This will make the moving process convenient for you and the movers.
If this is your first time moving or you’ve never hired a professional Huntington moving service in the past, you may be wondering what to expect on moving day. You’re in luck because the moving experts at Hall Lane explain what you can expect on the day of your move so that you won’t be surprised when moving day finally comes around.
Arrival and Paperwork Review
In most cases, your Huntington moving services will arrive in the early morning hours of moving day. Once the professional movers introduce themselves, they will walk through your home to determine the most efficient way for them to carry your belongings out of your home and into a moving truck.
After the walk through is complete, a professional mover will sit down with you to review the paperwork and make sure that the contract meets your needs and expectations. The paperwork will need to be signed before the actual moving process can begin.
The moving professionals will begin transporting your items out of your home and loading them onto the moving truck. Keep in mind that they have years of experience loading valuable possessions and know what it takes to move your household items safely and efficiently.
You’ll notice that the heaviest items will be loaded first, and furniture as well as other items may be wrapped in mover’s blankets for extra protection. Medium and light belongings will be loaded last and load straps will be added to prevent shifting while the moving truck is in transit.
Once all of your possessions are in the truck, the Huntington moving service professionals will do a second walk through with you to make sure that nothing was forgotten or left behind. If you are satisfied with the work that has been done, you will sign the final paperwork and your items will be on their way to your new home.
If you’re searching for dependable Huntington moving services, contact Hall Lane today. We have the experience and resources necessary to ensure that you enjoy a seamless move.
Queens is one of the most exciting boroughs in New York. If you’re looking to move somewhere with a laid back, urban vibe and more spacious and affordable housing options, then Manhattan, Queens should be your top pick. This borough features a plethora of great restaurants, recreational activities, and cultural events to keep you and yours family entertained at all times. Additionally, it’s home to the New York Mets and easily accessible to the JFK and LaGuardia airports. Hall-Lane Moving & Storage offers the following advice for anyone interested in making Queens their next home.
Your Guide to Hiring Queens Movers
Fortunately, Queens is equipped with MTA subway lines and buses that can help you get around and easily make your way into the city. If you do own a vehicle or would like to purchase one, you’ll find that owning a car in Queens is far easier than it would be in Manhattan. Queens movers note that Queens enforces very specific rules for street parking so make sure that you pay attention to signs and regulations to avoid a ticket.
If you move from Manhattan or another borough, you will be used to the amount of space your Queens’ home will probably offer. However, if you are moving from another state or country, it’s very likely that your home in Queens is a bit less spacious than your previous house, condo, or apartment. By investing in a storage unit from dependable Queens movers like Hall Lane Moving, you’ll be able to store seasonal belongings and other items that you may not use on a day to day basis.
Prior to booking Queens movers, you must talk to your new landlord to find out when they allow moving activities to take place. Many buildings in Queens require new tenants to schedule a specific time to move or have outlined a list of restrictions that must be followed. We recommend that you schedule your move on a weekday rather than a weekend to save money and reduce your chances of dealing with weekend chaos during the move. If you do need to move on a weekend, be sure to schedule the move far in advance.
Moving out of an apartment can be an overwhelming task. Fortunately, there are several things you can do to streamline the moving process and ensure that you leave your apartment in tip-top condition. The Bronx movers at Hall-Lane have years of experience helping apartment residents move out and recommend the following must-dos:
Bronx Movers: Guide to Moving
- Leave the Apartment Completely Empty
It’s common for apartment residents to believe that leaving a few household items would be great for a future tenant. However, landlords prefer for residents to leave their apartments as clean and as empty as possible to make it easier for a new tenant to move in. Be sure to toss or donate any belongings that you don’t plan on taking with you.
- Document Everything
You should understand that you will be responsible for the cost of any apartment repairs that have not been reported. Therefore, Bronx movers suggest that you keep a record of any broken appliances or problem areas that need to be fixed. It’s also a good idea to take pictures of the items or areas in the apartment that show signs of damage.
- Change Your Address
One of the most overlooked yet crucial tasks for movers is submitting a change of address form. The change of address form can be submitted on the United States Postal Service website. This will ensure that you won’t miss any important bills or letters once you move.
- Schedule a Walk-Through
Before you leave your apartment for good, you should plan a time to meet with your landlord and walk through your apartment. During this walk-through, you can show him or her that you’ve taken care of everything that needed to be completed so that he or she can return your deposit check.
- Patch Up Holes
Bronx movers notice that many apartment tenants leave their rented space with nails and screws in the wall. Once you’ve removed your artwork from the walls, remove screws and nails and patch up the area with a spackling paste. Sanding each area that previously featured nails and screws will make it easy for your landlord to paint over it.
There are a variety of reasons people decide to move to a smaller home. Whether it’s because children have grown up and moved out, maintenance is too expensive or time-consuming, or they simply want a cozier environment that encourages family bonding, downsizing is common. At Hall Lane Moving & Storage, we work with a many clients that choose to downsize.
International Movers: Planning for Smaller Home
Here are several of the tips our international movers like to offer them:
- Compile a List of Items You Need – When people downsize, many find it challenging to get rid of certain items that will not fit into their new, smaller space. To avoid this problem, compile a list of all of your belongings that you love and simply can’t live without. Whenever you come across an item that you are tempted to keep, check your list. If the item is not on your list, you need to store it, donate it, or toss it.
- Opt for a Storage Unit – You are bound to own items that you would like to keep or use in the future that cannot fit into your new home. If this is the case, renting out a storage unit can be very helpful. Family heirlooms, antiques, special occasion or seasonal clothing, books, and large furniture items can all be protected in a climate controlled secure storage facility.
- Invest in a Professional Moving Company – Although you will have fewer items to move, investing in a professional moving company is worthwhile. Regardless of whether you’re moving to a condo in the same neighborhood or need international movers to help you move abroad, a moving company can safely pack and transport everything to your new smaller space. After all, you don’t want to risk breaking or destroying any of your precious belongings when you’ve put in so much effort to downsize.
If you’re interested in moving into a smaller home, Hall Lane Moving & Storage is an invaluable resource. Our local and international movers have the personnel and resources necessary to make your downsizing venture as seamless as possible. Contact us today for more information.